Here at Aloha Medicinals, we love and take pride in our 100% all-natural and organic mushrooms and mushroom products. This month we would like to spread the love to our audience as well and offer some of our favorite medicinal mushroom recipes.
Medicinal Mushroom Recipes
Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Red Curry Soup
- 8-16 oz marinated shiitake mushrooms
- 8-16 oz shiitake mushrooms
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Crispy tofu
- 1 block firm/extra firm tofu
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 onion
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 head baby bok choy
- 1 package rice/bean noodles
Marinated Shiitake Mushrooms
- Combine all the marinade ingredients from above and whisk together. Then, add all the mushrooms into the marinade and toss to coat them. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Drain and press tofu for about 15 minutes. Then dice into large chunks.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add a tbsp of sesame oil to the skillet.
- Add tofu to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry the tofu until the outside is golden and crispy. Set aside when done.
- Heat a large soup pot to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the pot and then add the baby bok choy. Sautee for just a few minutes until it softens, and then remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Dice and add the onion. Sautee until the onion softens.
- Add the curry paste to the pot and stir so it starts to coat the onion and sautee until the onion becomes translucent.
- Then, add the broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat, and add the mushroom marinade (with the mushrooms) and fry while tossing them frequently.
- While your soup is heating up, cook your noodles. Drain and rinse.
- Spoon noodles into a bowl, add the bok choy then spoon soup into the bowl. Garnish with mushrooms, tofu, sesame seeds, and you’re ready to go!
- ½ cup milk (dairy, nut, oat etc.)
- 1 serving of Reishi mushrooms
- Sea salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Heat milk over medium-low until simmering. Transfer to a bowl, whisk the Reishi serving, and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Add in chocolate and orange zest. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then refrigerate until slightly firm (about an hour).
- Combine cocoa powder, hemp seeds, and a pinch of salt in a shallow container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the refrigerated chocolate mixture and form it into a rough truffle shape. Drop it into the cocoa combination and shake gently to coat.
- Keep going for about 30 truffles.
Three Mushroom and Thyme Chickpea Pancake
- 1 ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 150g/5 oz mixed mushrooms (shiitake, maitake)
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, baking powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme into a large bowl.
- Pour 1 cup water into the mixture and whisk until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Chop mushrooms into slices.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat and add the mushrooms and onions. Fry until the onions are translucent. Add in garlic, but do not burn.
- Pour over the pancake batter evenly, and make sure it’s covering the mushrooms and onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Transfer to a grill and cook the other side on high medium for 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully, slip out onto the serving board and enjoy!
Original recipe http://www.thehungryherbivores.com/three-mushroom-thyme-chickpea-pancake/
In the world today, Aloha Medicinals is the leader in medicinal mushrooms and mushroom production. We are committed to offering products that improve human health, and with supplying manufacturers in over 60 countries, we back our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We know mushrooms can be intimidating, and we hope these medicinal mushroom recipes will open a whole new world of health and flavor! For more medicinal mushroom recipes, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns!