Medicinal mushrooms have become increasingly popular, and for good reason. Not only do medicinal mushrooms contain biologically active compounds that have useful pharmacological properties that can be beneficial to the human body, but they’re also easy to incorporate into your everyday lifestyle. Using medicinal mushrooms in recipes can help you achieve your daily dose of mushroom supplements while simultaneously enjoying a nice meal. Here are some recipes we’ve gathered that are not only delicious, but also have medicinal mushrooms hidden inside.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Pure Maitake™ Mushrooms
These pancakes contain just 7 ingredients, are easy to make, and are a healthy alternative to classic pancakes. While these pancakes are dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free, they’re still delicious and full of flavor. And fortunately, Aloha Medicinals powdered mushroom supplements are relatively tasteless. You can add them to just about anything, boosting benefits of medicinal mushrooms without sacrificing the integrity of the meal you add it to.. Just keep in mind that you will need a blender to make these pancakes in order to achieve their light and fluffy texture.
*Makes 10 servings
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Real Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats (Gluten-Free)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Aloha Medicinals Pure Maitake™ (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla (optional)
- Your choice of toppings such as berries, banana slices, sliced almonds, chocolate chips, or honey.
- In a blender, pour in almond milk, eggs, egg white, banana, maple syrup, Pure Maitake™ mushroom supplement powder, vanilla (optional), rolled oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, spray with non-stick cooking spray or place coconut oil or butter in skillet. Pour pancake batter into skillet in round circles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Easy Greek Yogurt Bowls with Pure Chaga™ Mushroom
If you’re not much of a morning person or don’t have time to whip up some pancakes in the morning, this easy greek yogurt bowl may be the go-to breakfast solution you need. All this recipe requires is greek yogurt and your Aloha Medicinals Pure Chaga™ Mushroom powder. The rest you can pick and choose based on your taste preferences.
*Makes 1 serving
- Greek Yogurt (You can use any flavor of yogurt you like)
- 1 teaspoon Aloha Medicinals Pure Chaga™ (powdered)
- Bite-sized pieces of fruit such as mango, pineapple, kiwi, pomegranate, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, or other fresh or frozen seasonal fruit
- Nuts and Seeds such as walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hulled hemp seeds, or chia seeds
- Additional toppings such as toasted coconut flakes, chocolate chips, or cinnamon
- Sweetener such as honey or maple syrup (optional)
- First, combine greek yogurt and Pure Chaga™ mushroom supplement powder in a small bowl.
- Next, add your desired toppings and sweetener (optional).
- And enjoy!
Warm Butternut Squash Soup with Pure Cordyceps™ Mushroom
This simple butternut squash soup recipe comes just in time for enjoying on a cold fall evening with family or friends. This recipe creates a combination of sweet and savory flavors making it a fall favorite for just about everyone. Though it may seem like a small detail, be sure to use roasted butternut squash as it will enhance and intensify the flavor in your soup. Also keep in mind that you will need a blender, or immersion blender, to get the proper texture. The preparation takes just about 10 minutes and the cooking time shouldn’t exceed 45 minutes.
*Makes 4-6 Servings
- 2 tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 3-lb Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 cups Vegetable or Chicken stock**
- 1 teaspoon Aloha Medicinals Pure Cordyceps™ (powdered)
- Heavy cream (optional, for garnish)
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat, then add the onion, salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the roasted butternut squash cubes and cinnamon, and stir for 2 minutes or until the cinnamon smells fragrant.
- Add the stock, bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes at a simmer.
- Puree the soup, either using an immersion blender, or by cooling the soup slightly and blending in a blender (you will likely need to do this in batches). Then, stir in the Pure Cordyceps™ mushroom supplement powder to the mixture.
- Taste the soup, and add seasoning if desired.
**If you like your soup to be on the thinner side, use all 6 cups of broth, but if you like a thicker soup, you can start with 4 cups, puree it, then taste and add more broth as desired.
Using Medicinal Mushrooms in Recipes from Aloha Medicinals
Aloha Medicinals dedication to providing their customers with the best quality mushroom supplements available has led them to being the world’s largest cultivator of bulk medicinal mushrooms and mushroom derived ingredients. Luckily, our mushroom supplements are virtually tasteless, meaning you can add them to just about any meal! It’s easier than ever to incorporate mushroom supplements into your daily diet with our products. If you would like to learn more about using medicinal mushrooms in recipes, connect with us today!